CLINICAL SERVICES AND DIAGNOSTIC TOOLS
- Susrut provides high quality cataract surgical services with state of the art equipments.
- Diagnostic facilities include high quality biometry (both optical and ultrasound to determine the power of the IOL implant), specular microscopy (to determine the health of the cornea), corneal tomography (to determine the shape of the cornea) and B scan ultrasonography (to determine the status of the retina in advanced cataracts)
- Surgery options include (i) phacoemulsification and (ii) bladeless laser assisted phacoemulsification.
- All varieties of IOLs (monofocal, toric, bifocal, trifocal, extended depth of vision, accommodative) are available for the best possible personalized outcome for an individual patient.
- For financially constrained patients, Susrut provides free and subsidized cataract surgery services.
Cornea and anterior segment
- Diagnostic facilities include corneal microbiology, corneal tomography, ultrasound biomicroscopy, specular microscopy and anterior segment optical coherence tomography.
- Surgical facilities include collagen cross linking (for keratoconus), surface procedures (pterygium, limbal stem cell transplants, amniotic membrane grafting), corneal transplantation (PK, DSEK and DALK) and anterior chamber reconstruction.
- Vanmukta eye bank collects cornea from donors for patients requiring corneal transplantation. We express deep gratitude to donors’ families for their generosity.
- All kinds of contact lens (soft, RGP, toric, cosmetic, keratoconus, scleral) are available
- Special care while giving instructions regarding contact lens hygiene
- Diagnostic facilities include intraocular pressure measurement (both contact and non-contact), gonioscopy, automated perimetry, central corneal thickness measurement and optical coherence tomography (retinal nerve fibre layer and optic disc analysis)
- Laser treatment by YAG laser peripheral iridotomy
- Surgical treatment facilities include trabeculectomy, trabeculotomy, glaucoma valves, cyclodestruction procedures.
Laser vision correction centre (refractive)
- Latest generation excimer laser (installed in 2018)
- Options for both distance and near vision corrections
- Wavefront guided (for higher order optical aberrations) and wavefront optimized treatments available.
- Bladeless laser vision correction with femtosecond laser
- Non-laser vision correction with phakic IOLs
Low vision aid
- Various types of low vision aids are available to help patients in whom the eye disease is not curable
Oculoplasty, Ocular Oncology and Aesthetics
- Treatment for lid and orbit disorders
- Treatment for eye cancers
- Treatment for cosmetic issues around the eye.
- All kinds of spectacles are available here
- Vision screening camps are organized in remote locations for the benefit of financially constrained sections of our society
- Cataract detection and referral to main hospital for surgery.
- Spectacle dispensing at nominal cost.
- We invite you to support us in this program.
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Squint
- Dedicated clinic, supported by Orbis International, for children with eye diseases. Play area in the waiting lounge to keep the children busy. Separate feeding area for infants.
- Treatment for refractive error, amblyopia, squint, cataract and glaucoma. Children with other eye diseases (eg, cornea, oculoplasty and retina) referred to respective sub speciality clinics.
- Surgical facility with world-class anesthesia apparatus.
- All medicines (eye drops, tablets/capsules, injections) required for eye treatment are available
- Diagnostic facilities include fundus photography, ultrasonography, digital fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography including angiography, electrophysiology (ERG, EOG, VEP, mfERG)
- Laser treatment and anti-VEGF injections for diabetic and other retinal vascular disorders and retinopathy of prematurity
- Surgical facilities for treatment of complex vitreoretinal diseases.
- IOL master : to determine the power of intraocular lens
- Keratometry: to determine the “K” value of cornea. Also helps in IOL power calculations
- A-scan : to determine the axial length of eye ball. Used in IOL power calculations as well.
- Non Contact Tonometer(NCT): for measurement of intraocular pressure.Helpful in mass screening
- Specular microscopy: to determine corneal health i.e endothelial cell count and morphology
- Corneal topography: Orbscan is used in cases of keratoconus, to detect corneal irregularity if considering toric or multifocal IOL and in cases of refractive surgeries
- AS-OCT: is done for corneal pathology in both preoperative and postoperative cases.
- UBM: to view the angle of anterior chamber and lesionsarising from iris and ciliary body.
- OCT- RNFL: in cases of glaucoma suspect to know the status of ganglion cell layer
- HVF: different programs are available for evaluating glaucoma progression. Also used in cases of neuro ophthalmology .
- Central corneal thickness (CCT): to measure central corneal thickness in glaucoma and corneal dystrophies.
- RAM: to predict vision after surgery