Fellowship in Ophthalmology
- Interactive lectures by Consultants keep them updated with their course.
- Observing the senior surgeons perform surgeries will help them rectify mistakes.
- Practice in wet lab training on goat’s eyes.
- Enhanced training on the virtual reality module.
- Augmentation of OPD skills by experiencing variety of cases in every specialty.
- Opportunity to do research work under the guidance of specialty masters in their fields and publication in leading journals.
- Cataract – 1 year & Course fee NA
- Glaucoma – 1 year & Course fee NA
- Retina – 2 years & Course fee NA
- Dr. R. C. Paul
- Dr. N. Majumder
- Dr. A. Maity
Process of Admission & Bond:
- Interviews for Fellowship Programs month of June & July every year.
- The candidates are selected on the basis of interview by our panel doctors.
- The Fellowship starts in the month of August every year.
- Application should be mailed in the month of May June 2017, with photocopy of all the relevant documents with areas of interest.
- Fellowship Programme- First 6 months in Kolkata & next 6th months at Berhampore (Murshidabad district)
- On completion of your fellowship you have to serve as a full time consultant at Berhampore hospital for 3 years and it is mandatory.
- Your fellowship certificate will be issued after serving as consultant at our Berhampore unite for 3 years.
- You are not allowed to do private practice and any other hospital attachment for the same period.
- 9. If you do not comply with all the above conditions and if you do not serve to our hospital on completion of your fellowship then you will not get any fellowship certificate and you have to pay Rs. 200,000/- (Two Lakh only) to Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre as compensation.
- Cataract – 1
- Glaucoma – 1
- Retina – 1