- • Susrut provides high quality cataract surgical services with state of the art equipments.
- • Diagnostic facilities include high quality biometry (both optical and ultrasound to determine the power of the IOL implant), specular microscopy (to determine the health of the cornea), corneal tomography (to determine the shape of the cornea) and B scan ultrasonography (to determine the status of the retina in advanced cataracts)
- • Surgery options include (i)phacoemulsification and (ii)bladeless laser assisted phacoemulsification.
- • All varieties of IOLs (monofocal, toric, bifocal, trifocal, extended depth of vision, accommodative) are available for the best possible personalized outcome for an individual patient.
- • For financially constrained patients, Susrut provides free and subsidized cataract surgery services.
- • Diagnostic facilities include intraocular pressure measurement (both contact and non-contact),gonioscopy, automated perimetry, central corneal thickness measurement and optical coherence tomography (retinal nerve fibre layer and optic disc analysis)
- • Laser treatment by YAG laser peripheral iridotomy
- • Surgical treatment facilities include trabeculectomy, trabeculotomy, glaucoma valves, cyclodestruction procedures)
Cornea and anterior segment
- • Diagnostic facilities include corneal microbiology, cornealtomography, ultrasound biomicroscopy, specular microscopy andanterior segment optical coherence tomography.
- • Surgical facilities include collagen cross linking (for keratoconus), surface procedures (pterygium, limbal stem cell transplants, amniotic membrane grafting), corneal transplantation (PK, DSEK and DALK) and anterior chamber reconstruction.
- • Vanmukta eye bank collects cornea from donors for patients requiring corneal transplantation. We express deep gratitude to donors’ families for their generosity.
- • Diagnostic facilities include fundus photography, ultrasonography,digital fluorescein angiography, optical coherence tomography including angiography, electrophysiology (ERG, EOG, VEP, mfERG)
- • Laser treatment and anti-VEGF injections for diabetic and other retinal vascular disordersand retinopathy of prematurity
- • Surgical facilities for treatment of complex vitreoretinal diseases.
Pediatric Ophthalmology and Squint
- • Dedicated clinic, supported by Orbis International, for children with eye diseases. Play area in the waiting lounge to keep the children busy. Separate feeding area for infants.
- • Treatment for refractive error, amblyopia, squint, cataract and glaucoma. Children with other eye diseases (eg, cornea, oculoplasty and retina) referred to respective subspeciality clinics.
- • Surgical facility with world-class anesthesia apparatus.
Laser vision correction centre (refractive)
- • Latest generation excimer laser (installed in 2018)
- • Options for both distance and near vision corrections
- • Wavefront guided (for higher order optical aberrations) and wavefront optimized treatments available.
- • Bladelesslaser vision correction with femtosecond laser
- • Non-laser vision correction with phakic IOLs
Oculoplasty, Ocular Oncology and Aesthetics
- • Treatment for lid and orbit disorders
- • Treatment for eye cancers
- • Treatment for cosmetic issues around the eye.
Low vision aid
- • Various types of low vision aids are available to help patients in whom the eye disease is not curable
- • All kinds of contact lens (soft, RGP, toric, cosmetic, keratoconus, scleral) are available
- • Special care while giving instructions regarding contact lens hygiene
- • All medicines (eye drops, tablets/capsules, injections) required for eye treatment are available
- • All kinds of spectacles are available here
- • Vision screening camps are organized in remote locations for the benefit of financially constrained sections of our society
- • Cataract detection and referral to main hospital for surgery.
- • Spectacle dispensing at nominal cost.
- • We invite you to support us in this program.