Advanced Eye Mitra Optician
Advanced Eye Mitra Optician
This program is aimed at training candidates to become an “Eye Mitra Optician”, open avenues for self employment and other job opportunities. The Advanced Eye Mitra Optician Certificate course is affiliated by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology (MAKAUT), West Bengal.The 2.5 New Vision Generation, Division of Essilor India Private Limited is our Industry Partner for guiding and developing our trainee for entrepreneurship.
- To provide skill training for self employment and sustenance.
- To establish skilled Eye Mitra Opticians at the community.
- To develop optical shop/ vision centre accessible to the people of his/ her community.
- To prevent avoidable cataract and refractive error from the community through skilled Eye Mitra Opticians.
- To make them financially independent.
- To reduce prevailing unemployment and poverty and improve the living standard.
- To show them a new path of their career enhancement.
Program Name: Advanced Eye Mitra Optician Certificate Course
Affiliated by: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal
- Ocular Anatomy and Physiology
- Introduction to Ophthalmology Related Medical Terminology
- Common Eye Diseases
- Soft Skills & Communication
- Obtain the Case History
- Basic Optics
- Vision Assessment
- Retinoscopy & Refraction
- Ophthalmic Equipment
- Spectacles; Preparation & Dispensing
- Entrepreneurship and Optical Management
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Ophthalmic Lens, Ophthalmic Lens Edging & Fitting, Disorder Of Eye Sight & its Correction
- Outreach Activities; Community Service
Program Manager: Optom. Avhijit Das
Admission On-going for the Year 2019-2020.
Last Date -25th March 2019
One has to pass through Interview process. The admission process will be yearly based.
Eligibility: minimum Secondary Exam (Class X) pass
Age Limit: within 35 years
Duration: one year
1st – Six months- Classroom Training
2nd – Six months- Field based training/ On Job Training
Course Fee: 25000 INR (On admission- 10000 INR, Within 6 months – 15000 INR)
Mode of Payment: Bank Draft in favour of “Susrut Eye Foundation & Research Centre” payable at Kolkata
Our Training Outcomes:
- Performs certain duties from his own shop i.e.; recording medical histories and vital signs, screening vision, VA testing, refraction, edging/ fitting of glasses, optical dispensing, customer service, counseling and guide patient to consult optometrist/ophthalmologist, if required.
- Works as an entrepreneur in his/her own optical shop/ vision centre.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding about need and role of Eye Mitra Optician in the semi urban and rural area.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform refraction skills for patients and dispensing ophthalmic prescription essential to run an optician shop in semi-urban and/or rural area.
- Demonstrate safe handling of devices, screening vision of a patient and measuring visual acuity of a patient.
- Demonstrate ability to guide & educate patient on vision care and guide patient to consult optometrist/ophthalmologist, if required.
- Organize screening camps at outreach.
- Enable him/ her to work in the optical shop and eye hospitals.
- Demonstrate safe practices to use equipment’s required in their role.
- Demonstrate safe handling and storing of documents, record maintenance etc.
- Demonstrate techniques to maintain the personal hygiene need and patient safety measures.
- Demonstrate professional behavior, personal qualities and characteristics of an Eye Mitra Optician.
- Demonstrate good communication and team worker ability in the role of an Eye Mitra Optician.